CoinGecko is the world’s largest independent cryptocurrency data aggregator with over 13,000+ different cryptoassets tracked across more than 600+ exchanges worldwide. Coingecko offers a lot of good features for both crypto traders and invetors.
If you’re wondering why the price here is different from other crypto exchanges, it is because CoinGecko tracks the price from different exchanges to provide a global average price.
- Portfolio – create your own portfolio and keep track of all the coins in one place. Tips: you may create multiple portfolios for different purposes, such as general watchlist, long-term hodl investment, memecoin, or ROI simulation (with fake transactions).
- Official websites – find out crypto project/assets homepage
- Social media links – find out crypto project/assets Twitter, Discord, Telegram, and Reddit
- Contract – 1 click access to add a token contract into your MetaMask wallet.
- Price Alert – for a coin to notify you with a web browser or mobile app notifications.
- Market Cap and Volume – see market cap and volume for “any” coin or categories of coin.
- Exchange List – See the ranking and volume for the most popular DeFi and Central Exchanges.
- Watchlists – create your own list to track your favorite coins.
- API – Coingecko offers a powerful API for developer.
You can download coingecko App or just use the webpage as a service, https://www.coingecko.com.
See screenshots for Coin page and Watch list below. Coinpage is where you get all the information you need to research a crypto project, see. And Watch list is where you track your portfolio.
Coinpage (Matic) – Screenshot Coingecko
Watchlist (GameFi) – Screenshot Coingecko