Should you use a VPN when trading cryptocurrencies? Here are the main arguments for.
- The VPN encrypts the data you send over a network connection. Which makes it harder to intercept your data traffic.
- VPNs provide an extra layer of security against viruses, malware and fishing attacks.
- The VPN hides/protects your IP address, preventing IP tracking and allowing you to be completely anonymous when trading cryptocurrency, provided you avoid trading venues with KYC identification.
- A privacy-oriented VPN does not keep your logs and prevents unprotected connection (kill switch), helping you maintain your anonymity. A kill switch is a security feature that automatically shuts down your internet connection if your VPN is disconnected.
We recommend NordVPN as a good choice of VPN service.
- Surf safely on public wi-fi
- Very fast VPN
- Strict policy that no logs are kept or private data shared
- VPN servers “everywhere” – 59 countries