There are a few main reasons why you might want to use a crypto screener:
- Efficiency: A screener can help you quickly and easily narrow down a large list of tokens to a smaller group that meets your specific investment criteria. This can save you a lot of time and effort compared to manually researching them individually.
- Customization: screeners allow you to set your own criteria for filtering. This means you can focus on specific crypto categories (gaming/defi/m etc) or other characteristics that are important to you.
- Research: By setting specific criteria, you can identify trends and patterns among different coins and sectors, which can help you make more informed investment decisions.
Overall, a crypto screener can be a valuable tool for investors looking to streamline their research process, find new investment opportunities, and make more informed decisions and “save” some screen time.
You could use Tradingview inbuilt screener (with GUI, no coding) if you want, but you have a lot more flexibility if you code your own screener in Pinescript.
Here are the steps you can follow to create a screener in PineScript:
- Define the criteria for your screener: Decide what characteristics you want to use to filter the market. For example, you might want to screen for stocks with a high price-to-earnings ratio, or for cryptocurrencies with a low market capitalization.
- Write a script to apply your criteria: Use the functions and variables available in PineScript to create a script that applies your criteria to the market data. For example, you might use the close variable to filter for stocks with a high closing price, or the volume variable to filter for cryptocurrencies with high trading volume.
- Test your script: Use the testing and debugging features in PineScript to ensure that your script is functioning as intended. You can use the backtesting and optimization tools to see how your screener would have performed on historical data.
- Implement your screener: Once you have tested and debugged your script, you can implement your screener in a chart or trading platform. You can use your screener to filter the market and identify potential trading opportunities.
Pinescript code and pictures – coming soon….